Sunday, June 12, 2011

Birthday, French Dinner, 7 yrs, Photo Safari



Wow- what a busy weekend!
Saturday was our SEVENTH wedding anniversary- I went all out and made waffles with strawberries and cream for breakfast (I may have allowed for a little drizzle of chocolate as well.) We're pretty low-key about anniversaries/birthdays/holidays.

Then we went to the park for a neighbor girl 3rd birthday party.
That night we {finally} made it to International Dinner Club! (The first time I had some kind of stomach bug and the second time was the math conference in Duluth.) The faire was French- bonjour, that. The hosts had set up a dinner tent in their huge backyard with twinkly lights, candles and French music playing in the background. OoooLaLa.

The first course was smoked trout, sugar snap peas, garlic oil, {homemade} patte, and bread. Next was cheese soufle with salad. Then I dominated at bocce ball (my blog= my memories.) The main course was filet mignon wrapped in bacon, grilled asparagus and homemade french fries. Next was the cheese course (we brought the cheese), dessert and then {homemade} truffles, coffee & cognac. Describing the evening as delicious and fun would be an understatement.


[::PHOTO CREDITS :: MIKE & VANESSA ::]
(after seeing their gorgeous pictures I had to steal them off Facebook)




On Sunday Gilda and I did our Photo Safari- it was so fun!!! I can't believe we walked around for 4 hours taking pictures. The "guides" were cute and knowledgeable: about photography and the sites we saw. I want to go on one of their destination safaris now. I think I have a better grasp on some of my camera's functions - it was nice to devote some time to just play with the camera and have experts there to answer questions and give suggestions.















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...