Saturday, July 02, 2011

#winning

I continue to randomly win things- this time it was the Father's Day drawing from Pizza Luce. It's almost becoming comical- and no I'm not entering contests all day long! My score this time was pretty exciting: 4 tickets to yesterdays Twins game, a $50 gift certificate to Pizza Luce and one nights stay at the Renaissance Depot in Downtown.



We didn't tell the children where we were going so it was so fun to surprise them and see their genuine excitement at the hotel and waterpark. We only used half of the gift certificate (so more winning in the future) and had a hotel picnic after spending the afternoon at the waterpark.
Tommy took three of his college friends to the game and because of rain it was delayed and didn't start until 9:10. I put the girls to bed and snuggled up to read and watch TV. (To my disappointment I'd already seen the program on HGTV.) It was fun to watch the lightning from the hotel room.

In the morning Tommy ran home to let Carter out. I packed cake donuts and bananas for breakfast in bed. The girls thought that was pretty fun- eating in bed AND watching cartoons. Madeline napped and I read my book. Then more waterpark fun.


After checking out we walked around a bit- through Mill City Farmers Market, Stone Arch Bridge and then had a late lunch at Aster Cafe outside. (The server brought me the wrong drink- so I ended up with a free sangria- it'll be a sad day when my luck runs out.)

(outside the hotel)





(tired!)
(government shutdown- no museum today!)
(mirror wall outside the Gutherie)



(Mississippi River)
(free sangria)

Such an amazing unexpected staycation!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...