Thursday, March 17, 2011

3/17/11

There was a gas line explosion near our Cub this morning. It's been pretty crazy around here with sirens and helicopters. The pictures and video are unbelievable. Glad we weren't grocery shopping today! (Last Thursday we were there right at 8:45) Thankfully no one was hurt and the kids at the nearby preschool and at Windom were evacuated. There's some crazy pictures of the cars melted in the parking lot. I walked Kathryn to preschool and Nicollet was still closed and Liberty's parking lot was still full of media trucks. Click {HERE} for some pictures from MPR. A crazy morning in my neighborhood!

2 comments:

Erin said...

My phone kept ringing with the MPLS Public Schools Director of Communication's update messages- we're new to the school thing and I'm kind of impressed that they were able to stay as on top of things as they were.

The first thing I thought when I saw the news is - I hope no one was hurt! The second thing- I hope it wasn't the house we're looking at!

Kristin and Peter said...

Glad to know you guys are all safe. I just saw some footage about this on the news. Crazy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...