Thursday, December 09, 2010

Toddler Cooks


I make chocolate pretzels once or twice a season and this time I had not one, but two kitchen helpers. I had wondered if Eleanor would rather sample the kisses, but she did a great job taking the pretzels out of the bag, and then putting the kiss into the pretzel.

So if you need a super easy TODDLER friendly food craft- try it! (I had already unwrapped the kisses, but in retrospect Kathryn could've done it- making it more of a PRESCHOOL age challenge- next time.)

After I baked them I added the M&Ms without them knowing. I think they could've done it- just move the pretzels and wax paper onto a cool cookie sheet, but I wanted the M&M logo down- so I just did it myself!

My "recipe"
Package of Hershey Kisses
Round Pretzels
M&Ms

Preheat 350- Bake pretzel with kiss on wax paper- for 1-2 minutes, remove add M&Ms (logo down or up!) cool-harden in fridge, EAT!




2 comments:

Karine and Tom said...

We made these pretzels today with Zeke and our nieces Jessica and Megan- super fun and yummy too!

jenj said...

Wow! You have a lot of little kitchen helpers! Sounds like it was fun and the cookies were yummy!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...